Advanced Ice Climbing, Steep Ice Instruction, 1-Day
Ready to take the next step (and swing) with your ice climbing? With previous experience ice climbing this course will utilize what you know and build upon those skills. You’ll take home new techniques and desires for climbing steep ice.
Skills covered include:
- Efficient movement (this is everything)
- Belaying fundamentals
- Rope management
- Gear selection and use
- Introduce ice screws and placement on vertical ice
- Top Roping considerations
- Climbing leash-less vs. leashes
- Maximum ratio of one guide for every two climbers to ensure a safe and challenging experience.
- Climbing agenda tailored to the wants and abilities of all participants
- Climbs offered in Colorado Springs, on Pikes Peak and surrounding areas.
Prior ice climbing experience.
Must provide own climbing gear. Rental available.
Lincoln Falls on Hoosier Pass,near Breckenridge. October-May (Travel fee applies if guide meets climbers at venue, no fee if guide rides with climbers).
North Cheyenne Canyon, Hully Gully, in Colorado Springs. December-March
CLIMBER:GUIDE RATIOS, PRICES:
Prices are per person
1 climber : 1 guide
2 climbers : 1 guide
Travel fee when guide meets climbers at Lincoln Falls, $95
Maximum: 2 climbers to 1 guide ratio for advanced ice
Pikes Peak Alpine School operates under special use permits from the USDA Forest Service, Pike National Forest and is an equal opportunity service provider & employer