Backcountry Skiing / Splitboarding
Full Day Guided Backcountry Skiing / Splitboarding Tours.
Join us for a day in the beautiful and accessible mountains of Colorado’s. Forget the crowds, the scene and expensive lunches. Ski touring is a way in which alpine skiers and snowboarders can readily access terrain in a manner that allows both an ascent, and descent, both rich and fun..
In order to truly enjoy this day we recommend that skiers be at least intermediate ability with all the requisite gear. Our guides are in the mountains regularly, offering you unsurpassed attention to personal and group safety and experience.
Technique and skills covered, include but not limited to:
- Avalanche rescue review
- Basic tour planning and implementation.
- Gear considerations.
- Risk management.
- Beacon use. Functionality/common myths and misunderstandings, with practice prior to start.
- Terrain selection, micro and macro assessments.
- Track setting and pacing.
Must be proficient at resort skiing/snowboarding.
Backcountry skis / splitboards can be rented at Mountain Chalet. Gear list is provided and discussed prior to trip.
Not Included: Transportation and toll fees, accommodations, food, and guide gratuity.
- Monarch Pass near Salida, CO
- Hoosier Pass near Breckenridge, CO
- Glen Cove on Pikes Peak (spring)
- Crags and Devils Playground on Pikes Peak (spring)
GUIDE TO GUEST RATIOS, PRICES:
Prices are per person
1 rider, 1 guide
2 riders, 1 guide
3 riders, 1 guide
4 riders, 1 guide
For larger groups, contact us here or call, 719.368.9524
*Pikes Peak Highway tollgate fee of $10/person not included (if the highway is used).
Pikes Peak Alpine School operates under special use permits from the USDA Forest Service, Pike National Forest and is an equal opportunity service provider & employer